Some of the beautiful old ante-bellum homes nestled under beautiful moss covered oak trees were wired to handle only 110 Volt (V) current? Some folks lived their whole lives with only 110 V. You can run all sorts of appliances with it…
- a hairdryer
- a vacuum cleaner
- That’s right you can live your whole life with 110V.
Oh, but come to think of it, you can’t have air conditioning! That’s requires 220V. And those hot water showers, they’re gone, because electric hot water heaters require 220V. And the cooking at your house will be very limited, because the kitchen stove requires 220V as well.
Yes, sir! You you could live your entire life using without 220V current. But my question is,
“Why would you want to?”
I can think of a few reasons, but none of which are enough to keep me confined to 110V living.
Worse than Living With Only 110V
People tell me all the time, “You don’t have to be filled with the Holy Spirit to go to Heaven!” And I agree with them!
No, you don’t. As long as you repent of your sins and believe on Jesus as your Savior you can be born by the Spirit into God’s family.
You don’t have to be filled with Precious Holy Spirit! (Just like you can live with only 110V capacity in your house. ) But why would you want to miss God’s amazing, wonderful and powerful gift?
- Why would anyone want to miss out on having a prayer partner that always knows how to pray the will of God?
- Why would anyone want to miss the privilege of building themself up anytime they wanted?
- Why would anyone want to miss the boldness and wisdom to be a more effective witness for Christ?
- And why would anyone want to miss the relational advantage that comes with being filled with the fullness of Holy Spirit?
Maybe you’ve already plugged in, but are your people, your children, the people in your realm of influence plugged into God’s 220 living?
And my question to you is “What are you doing about it?”
There are some valid reasons why some people are not filled with precious Holy Spirit.
- They don’t believe.
- They don’t know God has more for us, beyond the salvation experience.
- They don’t understand who Holy Spirit is.
- They don’t know how to receive Holy Spirit.
All of these hindrances can be addressed and solved with solid biblical teaching and obedience to God’s Word.
Sometimes leaders, teachers and/or ministers fail to teach on the Holy Spirit because they are facing challenging obstacles and hurdles as well:
- The overwhelming responsibilities of ministry and the needs of people.
- Fear or lack of confidence.
- Questions like “What if they don’t receive?”
- Intimidation. Questions like “What if they ask me something I don’t know?”
- Feelings of inadequacy. “What if I do something wrong? I need more training.”
- Cautious. I don’t want any “wild-fire”.
For a pastor or teacher facing these hurdles, the answer is the same…Biblical teaching and obedience to God’s Word.
Is it a Big Deal?
But is it really important for people to be filled with the Holy Spirit–especially when there is so much potential for controversy? Especially since the subject of the Holy Spirit can be divisive?
Yes, that’s one of the reasons solid biblical teaching is so important!
Imagine a fire fighter that doesn’t plug into a water source. Imagine power tools without a power source. Imagine a doctor without equipment or medicines. If you can imagine any of these scenes you can imagine ineffectivenss.
If it was important enough for Jesus to instruct His followers to linger until they received His Gift, it is still critical today. We don’t send soldiers to the battlefield without equipping them and neither does God. But, we have to use the tools He’s given us instead of trying to develop strategies that work without them. It is vital that people experience God’s power in these last days to help them live as victorious and influential believers. There are so many benefits that come with being Spirit filled. The Holy Spirit fills believers to help them be:
- Powerful prayers.
- Faithful followers.
That’s why I wrote the book “Precious Holy Spirit”. In the midst of so much need, people seem to know so little about Holy Spirit who was sent to be our helper. People need help in life, so let’s connect them with His solution. Let’s help them plug-in to the power and relationship they need.
the book “Precious Holy Spirit” is not a theological exegesis, but it is a journey through scripture to help the reader fall in love with Jesus by living a Spirit filled life. This book is written in a clear, easy to understand format using seven words pictures that describe Holy Spirit. It uses interesting stories from nature and history to unlock the mystery of Pentecost.
Who will benefit from this book?
- This book is for the person that doesn’t know anything about the Holy Spirit.
- It’s for the person that avoids the whole conversation because they think it’s weird or spooky.
- It’s also for anyone who has received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and wants to rekindle his or her passion.
- It’s for anyone who wants to know how to access the resources available to the Spirit filled believer.
- It’s for pastors that need a little extra help making the whole topic of receiving the Holy Spirit easier to understand. It also covers many benefits of living a Spirit Filled Life. It gives clear examples and illustrations that can be used in conversation, training and sermons.
You will be inspired and ignited. You will fall in love—all over again.