Pentecost was very important to Jesus
Everything in the Bible is important, right? But in the grand scheme of things, is knowing about Pentecost a deal breaker? It was to Jesus. And He communicated the importance of Pentecost to not only His disciples, but His followers as well. He commanded them stay in town until they received God's gift- the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:1-5
Acts 2:1-4 On the day of Pentecost, 50 days after Passover, God sent the Holy Spirit, not just to rest upon people, but to fill them, to indwell them. This is a huge difference.
Pentecost in the book of Acts was not the first Pentecost.
The first Pentecost is recorded in Exodus 19 and 20. I explain the three mandatory feasts that every Jewish male participated in and their fulfillment in the New Testament in my book "Precious Holy Spirit". God commanded His people to celebrate Pentecost yearly. It is a holy day on the Jewish calendar. Both the Old Testament and the New Testament types of Pentecost are important for today's believer. I explain their significance in the book "Precious Holy Spirit".
It's important to understand:
- Pentecost is not extinct. It is not a terrifying dinosaur to be feared or ignored.
- Pentecost is the fulfillment of God’s promise to send precious Holy Spirit to become a resident inside believers.
- Pentecost is more than an event that took place or an event to experience. Pentecost is about the Holy Spirit.
- The power of Pentecost is the living presence of Holy Spirit in your life.
- Pentecost is experiencing and receiving the Person of Holy Spirit.
- Pentecost is designed to be a living dynamo - the power generator - inside each believer.
After three years of intense training, Jesus warned his followers that He was going away. You can imagine their alarm.
Jesus explained He had to go, because God had more for them. Even after three years of intense discipleship they still needed something MORE. They saw Jesus' miracles. They prayed with Jesus. They spent three years being taught and experiencing hands-on-training, but Jesus said God has more for you. God's more, God's gift was not an object or a thing, but the Person -- the Holy Spirit.
You can discover , the people in your church or your class can experience, what the disciples experienced on the day of Pentecost.
Every believer can experience the supernatural power of God through the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
Pat, your book on "the book "Precious Holy Spirit"" is an anointed and wonderful book with great information re. Holy Spirit. I have had the gift of H.S. with evidence of speaking in tongues since 1974. Meeting you, attending your workshop at Experience Conference and reading this book have brought revival to my soul. Your book explains H.S. in a a Biblical, but also personal way. Thank you for writing this most important book. Your encouragement to Christians to activate H.S., and become more powerful Christians is awesome. Your explanation of H.S. is wonderful. I encourage every Christian to buy this book to bring revival to their soul, and to become more powerful witnesses.Nancy K. Pugh
The Disciples Needed Help- They Needed Holy Spirit.
And what about you?
- Would you like to be more loving?
- Would you like to have someone help you understand the Bible?
- Would you like to have a prayer partner that ALWAYS knows how to pray the perfect will of God?
- Do you sometimes know what you should do, but lack the spiritual stamina to do it?
We all need some help... all of us need His Help!
Christianity is not one more self-help program!
It's not God's intention to just help you act better. Yes, the Bible outlines laws and regulations of conduct that are necessary for successful living. But many of the biblical mandates are impossible to live out through our natural efforts. We need more than more will-power. We need the Holy Spirit empowerment, wisdom and love to live out biblical principles. And the reality is...He available to help believers today.
But the problem is...
We know about Jesus, He's the Savior of the World. We know and want to share with everyone how much God the Father, loves us...but the Holy Spirit. Too often we're just not so sure about Him. Our culture won't allow us to put the Holy Spirit in a cute little box that fits our picture of religion. Spirit, it sounds spooky. And to be honest, like the wind we can't control Him. Neither do we always understand everything He does, but then He's God and we don't have to understand everything.
So, in the light of all the controversy...Does experiencing Holy Spirit really matter?
Absolutely, it matters.
- It makes a huge difference when you understand the depth of relationship that is available when you receive God's Gift. (7 Reasons Every Believer Should Be Filled With the Holy Spirit)
- It matters when you realize all the privileges and benefits you've been missing because you've neglected His Gift (7 Benefits of Being Filled With the Holy Spirit)
“Our theology insists Holy Spirit exists, but divorced from His living presence, we live like deserted, hopeless orphans.”--the book "Precious Holy Spirit"
It’s Time to Discover Who Holy Spirit is
Honestly, I understand the confusion. I wasn't raised in a church that taught on the infilling of the Holy Spirit. I realize that there sometimes Spirit filled people do strange things. I realize that even the Bible calls it a mystery. And God seems to love hiding things. But realize, God hides this not from us, but for us! Like He hides gold in the ground to be dug out. That's why I wrote the book "Precious Holy Spirit", I want to help you or the people in your church discover or maybe rediscover "Who is Holy Spirit." Whether you are a new believer or you've been filled with the Holy Spirit for many years, your walk with God will be strengthened.
I wrote the book "Precious Holy Spirit" for:
- New Believers
- Mom & Dad to share with their family
- Small Group Bible Studies
- Sunday School
- Illustrations for pastors
- Anyone that wants to learn more about Holy Spirit
- Anyone that wants to discover the benefits of living a Spirit influenced life
- Sounds like Holy Spirit infilling is for everyone and you know, it really is.
I loved the stories you used in each chapter to make your point. Thanks for your wonderful writing. You kept my interest and I know I will use that book to refer to many time in the future.-- Sharon Lussier Read more of what people are saying:
You need to experience the Holy Spirit NOW more than ever before:
- Because we live in troubled times, we need the power of the Holy Spirit to fill us with wisdom for the situations we face.
- Because people are hurting, we need to be filled with His compassion to minister to their needs.
- Because we need the Holy Spirit to love like God wants us to love.
- So you can enjoy the benefits of Spirit filled living.
In a day and age where kids are fascinated with the supernatural, Pat Holland presents a powerful study on the Holy Spirit in a very practical manner. the book "Precious Holy Spirit" is written for leaders but full of incredible teaching ideas for learners of all ages. Pat takes readers step by step through the Bible and paints an incredible picture of who the Holy Spirit is in the life of the believer. Pat’s book would make for a great study for Children’s Pastors to take their key leadership team through as they endeavor to lead kids into the presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
Scott Berkey Assemblies of God National Children’s Ministry Specialist
Consider the important benefits of Spirit-filled living:
- Holy Spirit enables you to obey and follow God’s laws and instructions.
- Holy Spirit helps you pray more effectively.
- Holy Spirit helps you to love more deeply. Holy Spirit anointing enables believers to do the works of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit empowers believers to be His effective witnesses. (Acts 1:8)
- He comes with the assignment to reveal Jesus and super-size your faith with a blazing passion that radiates the love of Christ to the lost.
The book "Precious Holy Spirit" is only one of many ways that we have to help you discover more about Precious Holy Spirit.
This is a new release of Pentecost Lost. We felt this title more accurately describes who the book is about.