It is important to recognize that every believer desperately needs precious Holy Spirit. He is the Gift that Jesus promised he would send when he ascended to the Father. We must remain committed to helping them receive all God has for them, so they can be what God has called them to be. Here is some information you can use to help position believers so they can receive this wonderful and necessary Gift.
- Ask God to fill believers, so they can live Spirit filled lives.
- Introduce them to Holy Spirit. He’s not weird and Spirit filled people won’t be either.
- Teach them how to receive and to understand they can receive right now.
- Create a worship atmosphere that welcomes Holy Spirit and allows believers to experience His presence.
- A believer must yield to Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit gives the words; and believers must speak what He gives them. In Acts 2:4, “they spoke as the Spirit gave them utterance”. When God gives them the words, they need to partner with Holy Spirit to speak what He gives them.
- Invite and expect believers to receive Holy Spirit.
- Don’t feel that you have to make something happen. Trust God. He is faithful.
- Don’t confuse the spectacular with the supernatural. Some people will receive without a lot of emotion or fanfare. The Holy Spirit simply comes on them and they receive God’s glorious Gift.