We see amazing miracles throughout the Bible. Stories so amazing they seem impossible. Yet, we recognize that the God we serve is able to do things that are impossible in the realm that we live in, the physical realm. God is all powerful. One of the reasons Holy Spirit came at Pentecost is make Holy Spirit power available to believers as we partner with Him through faith.
Maybe you prefer to watch the video.
Or listen to this teaching on the run.
Jesus Had Miracles
While we have read about Jesus’ miracles in the Bible, believing the verse that says, “whoever believes in Me will also do the works that I am doing.” And then He continues with telling us we will do “greater things” than Jesus.
Wow! That is mind blowing.
It is a little hard for us to believe. But Jesus meant it when He said it.
How can that be possible?
None of us can do a miracle! Nobody!!!! Nobody has that kind of power, but God does. Holy Spirit came to partner with believers to reveal Jesus and God’s Kingdom principles to the world around us. Not because we are so awesome, but because He is so awesome.
Believer’s Still Need Holy Spirit Power
I want to give you an illustration of our role in partnering with Holy Spirit. Yes, we have a role. A very important role. We must plug-in or access God’s Power.
Holy Spirit Power is available, but only on God’s terms.
Terms like faith and obedience. Here’s the illustration. Some of the beautiful old ante-bellum homes nestled under beautiful moss-covered oak trees were wired to handle only 110 Volt (V) current? Some folks lived their whole lives with only 110 V. You can run all sorts of appliances with 110 volts…
- a hairdryer
- a vacuum cleaner
- That’s right you can live your whole life with 110V.
But there are things you can’t have with only 110V
Oh, but come to think of it, you can’t have air conditioning! That’s requires 220V. And those hot water showers, they’re gone, because electric hot water heaters require 220V. And the cooking at your house will be very limited, because the kitchen stove requires 220V as well. Yes, sir! You you could live your entire life using without 220V current. But my question is,
“Why would you want to?”
I can think of a few reasons, but none of which are enough to keep me confined to 110V living.
Worse than Living With Only 110V
Worse than not having 220V? You better believe it. It would be much worse to live below your potential because you failed to access all God has for you, than it is to miss out on all the benefits of 220V. No comparison! Much worse.
People tell me all the time…
“You don’t have to be filled with the Holy Spirit to go to Heaven!”
And I agree with them!
No, you don’t. As long as you repent of your sins and believe on Jesus as your Savior you can be born of the Spirit into God’s family.
You don’t have to be filled with Precious Holy Spirit!
(Just like you can live with only 110V capacity in your house. ) But why would you want to miss God’s amazing, wonderful and powerful gift?
I really don’t understand why?
- Why would anyone want to miss out on having a prayer partner that always knows how to pray the will of God?
- I can’t imagine why anyone would want to miss the privilege of building themself up anytime they wanted.
- Why would anyone want to miss the boldness and wisdom to be a more effective witness for Christ?
- And why would anyone want to miss the relational advantage that comes with being filled with the fullness of Holy Spirit?
Who do you need to influence?
Maybe you’ve already plugged in, but are your people, your children, the people in your realm of influence plugged into God’s 220 living?
Then my question to you is “What are you doing about it?”
There are some valid reasons why some people are not filled with precious Holy Spirit. It could be that they don’t…
- know God has more for us, beyond the salvation experience.
- understand who Holy Spirit is.
- know how to receive Holy Spirit.
All of these hindrances can be addressed and solved with solid biblical teaching and obedience to God’s Word.
Sometimes leaders, teachers and/or ministers fail to teach on the Holy Spirit because they are facing challenging obstacles and hurdles as well:
- The overwhelming responsibilities of ministry and the needs of people.
- Fear or lack of confidence.
- Questions like “What if they don’t receive?”
- Intimidation. Questions like “What if they ask me something I don’t know?”
- Feelings of inadequacy. “What if I do something wrong? I need more training.”
- Cautious. I don’t want any “wild-fire”.
For a pastor or teacher facing these hurdles, the answer is the same…Biblical teaching and obedience to God’s Word.
Is it a Big Deal?
Yes. It really is important for people to be filled with the Holy Spirit–especially when there is so much potential for controversy. Especially since the subject of the Holy Spirit can be divisive?
Yes, that’s one of the reasons solid biblical teachings are so important!
Imagine a fire fighter that doesn’t plug into a water source.
Or power tools that aren’t plugged into a power source.
Can you imagine a dentist without an x-ray machine. (My least favorite example.)
If you can imagine any of these scenes you can imagine ineffectiveness.
Jesus commanded His followers
to stay put until they received Holy Spirit Power.
If it was important enough for Jesus to instruct His followers to linger until they received His Gift, it is still critical today. We don’t send soldiers to the battlefield without equipping them and neither does God. But, we have to use the tools He’s given us instead of trying to develop strategies that work without them.
It is vital that people experience God’s power
in these last days to help them live as victorious and influential believers. There are so many benefits that come with being Spirit filled. The Holy Spirit fills believers to help them be:
- Powerful prayers.
- Faithful followers.
That’s why I wrote the book “Precious Holy Spirit”. In the midst of so much need, people seem to know so little about Holy Spirit who was sent to be our helper. People need help in life, so let’s connect them with His solution. Let’s help them plug-in to the power and relationship they need. the book “Precious Holy Spirit” is not a theological exegesis, but it is a journey through scripture to help the reader fall in love with Jesus by living a Spirit filled life. This book is written in a clear, easy to understand format using seven words pictures that describe Holy Spirit. It uses interesting stories from nature and history to unlock the mystery of Pentecost.
Who will benefit from this book?
- This book is for the person that doesn’t know anything about the Holy Spirit.
- It’s for the person that avoids the whole conversation because they think it’s weird or spooky.
- Or anyone who has received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and wants to rekindle his or her passion.
- Folks that want to know how to access the resources available to the Spirit filled believer.
- Even pastors and leaders that need a little extra help making the whole topic of receiving the Holy Spirit easier to understand. It also covers many benefits of living a Spirit Filled Life. It gives clear examples and illustrations that can be used in conversation, training and sermons.
You will be inspired and ignited.