February Prayer Focus
Praying through the Book of Acts in 28 Days
1. For empowered witnessing. “We shall received power…and ye shall be witnesses” (Acts 1:8).
2. For a spirit of “one accord” to prevail among the churches. “When the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place” (Acts 2:1).
3. For the outpouring of the Holy Ghost. “I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh” (Acts 2:17).
4. For the fear of the Lord to rest on the church. “and fear came upon every soul” (Acts 2:43).
5. For boldness in Jesus’ name. “Such as I have give I thee: In the Name of Jesus…” (Acts 3:6).
6. For increase of signs and wonders among us. “…many signs and wonders wrought among the people” (Acts 5:12).
7. That we will give ourselves to spiritual priorities. “But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word” (Acts 6:4).
8. For Spirit empowered evangelism and bold preaching in our cities. “Philip went down to the city…and preached Christ…and there was great joy…he preached in all the cities…” (Acts 8:5, 8, 40).
9. For Damascus road conversions and revelation, “Who are thou, Lord?…I am Jesus” (Acts 9:5).
10. For devout believers to know what they ought to do. “ a devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much aims to the people, and prayed to God always” (Acts 10:2).
11. For a spirit of praise to come on the church for what God is doing among so many. “When they heard these things they held their peace, and glorified God” (Acts 11:18).
12. For protections of the ministry from harm and danger. “Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church…but prayer was made” (Acts 12:1).
13. For the church to prayer without ceasing. “prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God” (Acts 12:5).
14. For the Holy Ghost to send anointed servants to share the gospel everywhere they go. “As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted. …So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed” (Acts 12:2, 4).
15.For the word of faith to be manifested among us. “The same heard Paul speak: who steadfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked” (Acts 14:9-10).
16. For Spiritual unity. “Being assembled with one accord…it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us” (Acts 15:25, 28).
17. For the churches to be firmly established in the faith and to increase in number daily. “and so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily: (Acts 16:5).
18. For minds to be open to receive the Word and search the Scriptures. “they received the word with all readiness of mind and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so” (Acts 17:11).
19. For inspired vision to increase faith for reaching many people in our cities. “Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision…I have much people in this city” (Acts 18:9-10).
20.For multitudes to be converted and baptized. “When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus” (Acts 19.5)
21. For the Holy Ghost to fall, for the Word to be effective, and for the name of Jesus to be magnified. “The Holy Ghost came on them: and they spake with tongues…God wrought special miracles…Jesus was magnified…mightily grew the word” (Acts 19:6, 11, 17, 20).
22. For passion among believers. “I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears” (Acts 20:31).
23. For commitment to the gospel and to Jesus Christ. “Then Paul answered, what mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? For I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem from the name of the Lord Jesus” (Acts 21:13).
24. For a renewal of God’s original call, “and he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth” (Acts 22:14).
25. For a cheerful spirit in the midst of trying situations. “the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer” (Acts 23:11).
26. That believers will live in such a way so as not to be offensive to God or man. “And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men” (Acts 24:16).
27. That all adversity becomes an instrument of revival. “there came a viper…and he shook off the beast into the fire…so when this was done, others…came (Acts 28:3, 5, 9).
28. For empowered preaching and teaching of the gospel and kingdom of God. Preaching…and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence” (Acts 28:31).
Used by permission of Rev. Kenneth Draughon.